FINALIST: Accelerate Release of Children; Protect Children from COVID-19

Ask questions for the Accelerate Release of Children; Protect Children from COVID-19 project here!

Accelerate Release of Children; Protect Children from COVID-19
Terre des Hommes Foundation, Switzerland/Global

ABOUT: Immediately following the outbreak of COVID-19 worldwide, Terre des Hommes launched a project dedicated to building rapid knowledge and mobilizing interdisciplinary partnership to foster a global advocacy campaign with a swift, targeted, and effective impact for children deprived of liberty. This ongoing project is called “Accelerate Release of Children; Protect Children from COVID-19” and has led to the emergency release and reintegration care of hundreds of children worldwide. It has also boosted concrete child justice sector reform measures to make systems more resilient when facing crises and supported the empowerment of child justice actors, including children.

Learn more about this project on the World Justice Challenge website.

7 Likes

Hello, My name is Limon Roy and I am a Social Development Worker working for social protection in my local area, Dhaka, Bangladesh. I love this project and I trust the project will be able to take effective initiatives protecting children from COVID that led to the emergency release and reintegration care of children worldwide and also be supportive to empower child justice issues. I found many children have dropped out in the local area and are being involved in work because their parents lost jobs during the lockdown. Many children are no longer likely to go to school because their parents cannot afford to pay for their education. Will the proposed project include such children?