New User Introductions

New to the platform? Go ahead and introduce yourself! Tell us where you’re from, what you’re working on, and what you are looking to get out of this platform and the World Justice Challenge!

4 Likes

Hi I’m Joel Martinez. Engagement Director at the World Justice Project. I’m looking forward to learning more about finalist projects.

4 Likes

Welcome @jmartinez !

Hi my name is Grace Stanley and I am the Communications and Development intern at The World Justice Project! I am based in Los Angeles, California as I recently graduated from UCLA with my B.A. in International Development Studies! I am super excited to hear more about the finalist’s projects and other knowledge about human rights, democracy, the rule of law, and equity!

4 Likes

Hi, I’m Lindsey Bock and I am the Program Associate for Criminal Justice Research at the World Justice Project. I am currently working remotely from Sacramento, California during the pandemic. I hope to learn more about the enormous rule of law contributions that the finalists have contributed to the field, share ideas on global rule of law topics and equity, and engage in riveting discussion with other members of the platform.

3 Likes

Hello! I’m Gerard Vinluan, the World Justice Project’s Asia Pacific Regional Representative based in Singapore. And, I’m looking forward to a fruitful discussion about all matters related to the World Justice Challenge.

3 Likes

Hi, my name is Sally Aldrich and I am an Intern on the Engagement Team at the World Justice Project. I have been with WJP since September, 2020 and have greatly enjoyed working on the Challenge. I am looking forward to hearing more from our Challenge finalists and seeing what other colleagues are working on to expand the rule of law!

4 Likes

Hi there, my name is Betsy Andersen, and I’m the Executive Director of the World Justice Project. The World Justice Challenge offers a great opportunity to learn from those taking on the significant rule of law challenges posed by the pandemic. Looking forward to learning from this change-making community!

3 Likes

Hi all, I’m Tanya Primiani, the Co-Director for the Rule of Law Index. I joined the WJP in September 2020 so I’m really looking forward to seeing the World Justice Challenge for the first time and learning more about the finalists and the exciting projects that further the rule of law around the world!

4 Likes

Welcome to the WJP community forum, @lbock !

4 Likes

Hi all! My name is Jaya Khetarpal and I am the Special Assistant to the Executive Director and the Engagement Team at the World Justice Project. I’ve spent the past few weeks working on and promoting the World Justice Challenge, but I also contribute to various research and advocacy projects. I’m particularly passionate about human rights and democracy and interested in policy advocacy. I’m looking forward to the ways in which this Forum can bring together rule of law experts and practitioners to share experiences and best practices.

3 Likes

Welcome Tanya! We’re looking forward to your rule of law knowledge and experience being used on this Forum!

3 Likes

WJP is lucky that you have joined our mission, and I’m excited to see your work on the upcoming Index and other reports.

1 Like

Hi all! I’m Donna Birdsong, a new intern with the Engagement Team at the World Justice Project. I am looking forward to working on the World Justice Challenge and learning more about all of the unique, exciting ideas, and I’m particularly interested in human rights and transitional justice!

3 Likes

Welcome @dbirdsong ! We look forward to hearing more about your work and are excited to have you on the team!

1 Like

Hi there, my name is Amy Gryskiewicz, and I’m the Director of Criminal Justice Research at the World Justice Project. I’m really excited to learn more about the innovative projects that are tackling rule of law challenges around the world, especially challenges that have arisen (or been exacerbated by) the global pandemic. It’s fantastic that we have a platform to “meet” and share ideas and experiences virtually this year to help keep these important conversations going while we aren’t able to meet in-person. I’m looking forward to engaging with you all!

1 Like

Welcome @AGryskiewicz ! We’re excited to hear more about your work on criminal justice and the rule of law on this platform!

1 Like

Hey there! I’m Fernando Omedé, I am part of the communications team as a content strategist for WJP. I work in the Mexico regional office and I’m really excited to learn about the developments that the World Justice Challenge will bring through their incredible finalists and their projects.

1 Like

Welcome @gvinluan ! Thanks for joining :)How is the COVID situation evolving in Singapore? What do you see as the main challenges for the Asia Pacific region in terms of recovery?

Welcome @saldrich ! Thanks for joining :slight_smile: I really want to know more about the Challenge finalists! What were some of your takeaways from the selection process?